As part of the House Republican Caucus’s Good Jobs for PA (#GoodJobs4PA) legislative package, the House Majority Policy Committee, chaired by Rep. Donna Oberlander (R-Clarion/Armstrong/Forest), will visit the Pennsylvania College of Technology to discuss its success in linking future workers with viable career fields, and Lycoming Engines, a growing business that has partnered with the college to help build its workforce.
Oberlander and her legislative colleagues, along with officials of the college and Lycoming Engines.
Friday, March 8, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. See agenda below for specific times and locations.
Pennsylvania College of Technology, 1 College Ave., Williamsport:
- 10:15 a.m. – Tour Nursing and Health Sciences Labs/Advanced Technology and Health Sciences Center.
- 11 a.m. – Tour Plastics and Polymer Engineering Technology/Plastics Innovation and Resource Center (PIRC).
- 11:30 a.m. – Tour Welding and Metal Fabrication Technologies/Lycoming Engines Metal Trades Center.
- Noon – Lunchtime apprenticeship briefing/Thompson Professional Development Center.
Lycoming Engines, 652 Oliver St., Williamsport.
The media is invited to join all or part of the tours. Please register your attendance by notifying Michele Rudloff of the Policy Committee at email@example.com, 717-772-9951 or 570-573-3710 (cell).
- 1:15 p.m. – Arrival and company overview.
- 1:45 p.m. – Tour of Lycoming Engines.