: Members of the House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee, chaired by Rep. Martin Causer (R-Cameron/McKean/Potter), will hold an informational meeting to receive an update on the state’s forest products industry. The meeting is being hosted by Rep. Matt Gabler (R-Elk/Clearfield).
: Causer, Gabler and members of the committee. The following state and local stakeholders are scheduled to participate in the meeting:
• John Norbeck, deputy secretary for Parks and Forestry, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR).
• Jason Albright, assistant director of Forestry, DCNR.
• David J. Gustafson, chief, Forestry Division, Bureau of Wildlife Habitat Management, Pennsylvania Game Commission.
• D. Wayne Bender, executive director, Pennsylvania Hardwoods Development Council, and state Department of Agriculture.
• Susan Swanson, executive director, Allegheny Hardwood Utilization Group (AHUG).
• Chris Guth, resource manager, Northwest Hardwoods Inc., and president, AHUG.
• Burt Craig, general manager, forestry and sawmill, Matson Lumber, and immediate past chairman, Pennsylvania Forest Products Association.
• Kenneth Kane, president, Generations Forestry Inc.
: Thursday, May 16, at 1 p.m.
: Red Fern Banquet and Conference Center, 421 Old Kersey Road, Kersey.
Media contact: Patricia Hippler, 717.772.9846, email@example.com