Capitol Guided Tours
- While you are at the Capitol, you may want to consider a 30-minute guided tour. Capitol Tour Guides are available to point out the architectural and artistic highlights, and to make the Capitol's history come alive for you.
- Guided tours of Pennsylvania's Capitol are offered every half hour Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Tour the Capitol by calling the Tour Guide Office (800) 868-7672. Advanced reservations are suggested and required for groups of 10 or more. For your safety, and the safety of others, group size is limited to 80.
- The Capitol is accessible for individuals with special needs.
Capitol Gift Shop
The Pennsylvania Capitol Gift Shop is located off the East Wing Rotunda and is open most weekdays from 10 am to 3 pm.
Capitol Preservation Committee Shop
The Pennsylvania Capitol Preservation Committee Gift Shop is located on the Fifth Floor of the Main Capitol Building in Room 630 (numbering is strange due to the E-floor). You may also visit the committee's website at: http://www.cpc.state.pa.us/cpcweb/web/guest/shop
- Identify the EXITS in the event of an emergency.
- Please monitor any children in your care.
- Follow safety guidelines on escalators to avoid injury.
- Look where you walk. Avoid walking while you are looking up to view art and architecture; you may be approaching a staircase.
- When viewing the Rotunda from upper levels, do not lean over the railing. Keep your feet on the floor at all times.
- Your cooperation with security is important. Security is present to protect everyone – those who work within the building AND those who visit.